Check the description for time information.
Haleakala Summit Sunrise Bike Tour Highlights:
The owner Rich Goodenough conceived the guided safari downhill bike tour concept in 1983. Maui Downhill is a divison of Maui Bicycle Safaris, LTD, the oldest, most experience and most professional company in the business. Established in 1984, Maui Downhill has guided over 500,000 visitors down Haleakala from the summit to the sea, touring over 11 million miles on our custom-built bikes.
Maui Downhill offers a variety of safari bike tours. It is a breathtaking experience and there's nothing like it. Our tours and Hawaii-certified tour guides have been voted "Maui's Best Land Tour Experience".
Maui Downhill's goal is to provide each guest with a memorable experience of the most exciting environmental bike ride in the world.
- Meet us at our base of operations, 201 Dairy Rd. Kahului. Dairy Rd is the main road to the airport.
- Continental breakfast provided; muffins and hot beverages.
- Haleakala National Park tour is included. See the neighbor islands from 10,023’ the highest point on Maui.
- You will view the First Light of a new day as we journey across Maui’s central valley and ascend Haleakala. As the sun rises we enter Haleakala National Park and proceed to the summit. Here you will view the spectacular 3000’ deep crater with cinder cones, volcanic features and tour the House of the Sun Visitor Center.
- Learn about the history of the Volcano and your National Park; visit the Silversword plants, native endangered species, and birds that have made Haleakala their permanent home.
- After touring the Park your bicycle tour begins at 6500’ elevation outside the park. Your guides will go over a comprehensive safety briefing including bicycle safety regulations and tour guidelines.
- As the bicycle safari begins you will gently descend the 21 switchbacks on the western slopes of the world’s largest resting volcano. Enjoy Bi- Coastal views of Maui’s central valley, the open range of Haleakala Ranch and Maui’s beautiful landscape.
- Coast through eucalyptus forests and the upcountry community of Kula with beautiful Jacaranda tree lined roadways.
- There will be photo stops along your journey to take home Maui’s magical moments.
- Enjoy a no-host lunch and rest stop .
- Safari van tour from Pukalani to the sea with information and history of Maui’s sugar cane and pineapple plantation days.
- Bicycle helmets and windbreakers are fitted to each guest for their comfort and safety.
- Tour duration approximately 6 - 7 hours.
Maui Downhill Guidelines:
- Wear warm clothing in layers.
- Competent riders - please, no beginners.
- Sorry, NO PREGNANT WOMEN can Bike Ride but may van ride.
- Minimum 12 years of age.
- 5 feet tall guideline height.
- Wear close-toed rubber soled shoes.
- Maximum weight for bike rider is 250 lbs.
- No Riders may participate with medical conditions that would adversely effect them in this activity.
- Riders must sign acknowledgement of risk & safety form.