Check the description for time information.
Haleakala Summit Sunrise Bike Tour Highlights:
The owner Rich Goodenough conceived the guided safari downhill bike tour concept in 1983. Maui Downhill is a divison of Maui Bicycle Safaris, LTD, the oldest, most experience and most professional company in the business. Established in 1984, Maui Downhill has guided over 500,000 visitors down Haleakala from the summit to the sea, touring over 11 million miles on our custom-built bikes.
Maui Downhill offers a variety of safari bike tours. It is a breathtaking experience and there's nothing like it. Our tours and Hawaii-certified tour guides have been voted "Maui's Best Land Tour Experience".
Maui Downhill's goal is to provide each guest with a memorable experience of the most exciting environmental bike ride in the world.
- A round-trip transfer from your hotel or accommodation, drive-in optional.
- Continental breakfast; pastries and hot fresh beverages.
- Entrance fee to the Haleakala National Park is included in your tour.
- You will view sunrise from above the clouds and see the magnificent Haleakala Crater from atop 10,000’ elevation.
- You will learn about the history of Haleakala, visit the Silversword plants, native endangered species and birds that have made Haleakala their permanent home.
- Tour Guides will go over a comprehensive safety briefing including Hawaii’s bicycle safety regulations and tour guidelines.
- Your bicycle safari begins at 6500’ elevation of Mount Haleakala, outside the park, where you will gently descend the 21 switchbacks on the western slopes of the world’s largest resting volcano with only 200 yards of pedaling.
- There will be photo stops along your journey to take home Maui’s magical moments.
- Enjoy a no-host lunch and rest stop.
- Safari van tour from Pukalani to the sea with information and history of Maui’s sugar cane and pineapple plantation days.
- Bicycle helmets and windbreakers are fitted to each guest for their comfort and safety.
- Tour duration approximately 8-9 hours.
Maui Downhill Guidelines:
- Wear warm clothing in layers.
- Competent riders - please, no beginners.
- Sorry, NO PREGNANT WOMEN can Bike Ride but may van ride.
- Minimum 12 years of age.
- 5 feet tall guideline height.
- Wear close-toed rubber soled shoes.
- Maximum weight for bike rider is 250 lbs.
- No Riders may participate with medical conditions that would adversely effect them in this activity.
- Riders must sign acknowledgement of risk & safety form.